Monday, February 2, 2009

Deep words from Keith Olbermann



I viewed this 9 minute special report for the first time today during my Mass Media class. A special Report by Keith Olbermann on George W. Bush's admission to torturing detainees at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Is torture justified? Maybe. Do the ends justify the means? We have been safe from terrorist since 2001. At what cost? It just keeps going and going and the answers depend on ones one ethical and moral inclinations. Take what you will from this video, I just wanted to make sure you check it out.

I don't believe President Obama will be placing ex-president Bush on trial any time soon, but maybe he should. To push forward the idea that no one is above the law in this country.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

seemingly, we only learn so much from our past mistakes (history). I'd love to see Bush on trial, but half of America wouldn't allow this to occur... or would it?